[u]Treasury</u>: $123 -&gt; $174
[u]Science</u>: 10% (Mathematics in 4)
[u]Luxuries</u>: 30%
[u]Citizens</u>: Beijing=5, Tsingtao=2
[u]Production</u>: Barracks (Canton)
[u]Workers</u>: 1製e=irrigate 2裳 4蜜
[u]Slaves</u>: 3=cut
[u]Diplomacy</u>: $51 (Gogury) for The Wheel

In hindsight, I'm not too happy with the decision to build a Barracks in Canton. It is growing so fast that it may have been better to build a Settler and some Workers there. I'm not sure it would have made a real difference, but still.

The Baekje start on The Oracle, while they are also still working on The Pyramids.

2070 BC
[u]Treasury</u>: $188
[u]Science</u>: 10% (Mathematics in 3)
[u]Citizens</u>: Shanghai=4, Canton=4
[u]Workers</u>: 2=road 3製w=mine 4=cut
[u]Slaves</u>: 1裳w, 2製w=mine

2030 BC
[u]Treasury</u>: $203
[u]Science</u>: 10% (Mathematics in 2)
[u]Citizens</u>: Beijing=4
[u]Production</u>: Settler (Beijing), Barracks (Xinjian)
[u]Settlers</u>: 8製e蜜製e
[u]Workers</u>: 1裳=irrigate
[u]Slaves</u>: 1=road 4蜜ast

Both Canton and Xinjian are now building Warriors, while Nanking is busy on a Spearman of which we only need a few. The Warriors will be upgraded to Swordsmen once we get the Iron connected.
I'm not a big fan of massive upgrades and the 'stacks of doom' that result. It's a bit unfair on the AI that doesn't know the 'strategy'. At the moment there is not much choice since we do need some military fast and the Iron isn't connected yet.
Another consideration is that when they approach the Middle Ages, the AI tribes often build a considerable number of units. So while our attacking force may be larger, they will be better prepared as well, and casulaties will be high on both sides.
The idea is to be ready before they are. The gold not spend on upgrading will be used to back our research efforts. We are almost done with Mathematics and from then on it's full throttle in the sience department.

1990 BC
[u]Treasury</u>: $216
[u]Science</u>: 10% (Mathematics in 1)
[u]Citizens</u>: Nanking=3, Shanghai=2, Tsingtao=1
[u]Production</u>: Settler (Shanghai), Warrior (Canton), Worker (Tsingtao)
[u]Settlers</u>: 8=Hangchow 9蜜製
[u]Workers</u>: 2裳e 3誦製w=mine 5=irrigate 6製
[u]Slaves</u>: 2誦誦誦 4=road

1950 BC
[u]Treasury</u>: $233 -&gt; $414
[u]Science</u>: Mathematics, 70% (Civil Service in 15)
[u]Citizens</u>: Beijing=5, Shanghai=1

The population of Shanghai is decreased as we rush them into producing another Settler asap. Together with the forests being cut, this allows us to make something of this totally corrupt area.

[u]Settlers</u>: 9蜜
[u]Workers</u>: 1製製蜜 2,4=road 6=irrigate
[u]Slaves</u>: 2,3=road
[u]Diplomacy</u>: Bajutsu + Taoist Mysticism + $181 (Baekje) for Mathematics

Hmmm, that's it. No other rival has something to offer, and we don't dare to wait until the AI have Map Making, so the proceeds from our Mathematics gambit seem a bit meagre (partly because we already got Calligraphy, of course). We did get our gold back that went to the Khazar earlier, however, and we won't need to pay for Mathematics ourselves so it's still a fine deal.
At this point in time another 40-turn play is useless. No matter what we choose, the AI will undoubtedly beat us to it. On the other hand, our growing empire is right there with them even on Deity and we can contribute to the common effort.
Our main goal will be to discover The Republic. With the AI still working on Map Making, we take it upon us to research the bigger of the two essential techs: Civil Service, with a good chance that they will have Confucianism by the time we finish.

Now that we go maximum research, it is finally getting urgent to connect all the available luxuries to the empire, so we can study The Republic at 100%. In the north, we have Slave4 at work to connect the Dyes. Near Shanghai, Worker2 has already started on the long road north, and soon Worker3 will start from the other end. By bypassing the Baekje we diminish the risk of being disconnected by any ongoing war, and at the same time the desert road prepares a connection for one or two more southern cities. Worker1 has climbed the Iron mountain at Beijing where he will first mine for extra production in Nanking and then road to hook up the resource.

Founding Hangchow has revealed a second Horses tile within grasp. We'd still like to claim the other one as well before the Mongols expand their borders.