View Single Post
Old 01-04-2007, 04:39   #8
Robi D
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Beam

Oh and another question about the mod I found in the link to what I tought was an explanation of the graphs. Q is if this mod provides any information that can't be obtained from the vanilla game (1.61) ? If so the mod gives an unfair advantage to ppl not using the mod imo.
Since the 1.52 vanilla patch all the civ4 graphs are based on ulfn work. He has gone on to make extra versions which just make it look nicer basically.

The one minor cheat they do have is the additon of the research graph, which counts up the total number of beakers produced. This feature is optional, and when playing MP games the only way for that graph to show up is if all the players run the research graph not just one or two, so its cheat proof in that respect.

The thing is the demographic screen itself is a bit of a cheat since it gives you stats about player you might have met in the middle of nowhere when your scouts crossed paths. With a bit of study in the early part of the game you can pretty much work out to the unit what your opponent has. In a game i played with robboo we had a go at using the demographics to guess what we had just built, researched ect and in the early part of the game we were both around 90-95% right with our guesses.

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote