Thread: Socrates.com
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2004, 01:17   #6
Socrates
Emperor

I think I got rid of that motherfucker now. I basically deleted everything by hand !! First deleted this 2nd services.exe in the WINDOWS folder. Then deleted the zips (I think : 24) in the same folder. Then deleted the dozens of 24-file bunches (image above is part of that) that were copied in every folder containing "share" in its name and each of their subfolders ! All of this after doing what anarres told me, and doing what was mentioned about this virus on the McAfee site.

Now if anyone encounters something wrong that could come from me (or one of my possible contacts...), please e-mail me as soon as possible. It should be OK, but you're never sure.

One important thing : to avoid possible confusion (I opened up the fake exe from an e-mail coming from a "sure" address at 1am, so I wasn't in special beware mode ), please sign all your e-mails !!! Write at least 1 word or 2 (I usually write "turn xxx"), and sign it, with your real name, nick or "nick's nick" (mine is "krys" ) to ensure this is an e-mail you actually wrote and sent. Any weird e-mail will be deleted immediately. I encourage you to the same.