View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 14:38   #10
Grille

quick update (48 turns played):
Around turn 35, I could talk to Maya. They wanted the city of Kazan in exchange for peace... after lots of cursing, I've ordered more units for defense and calmed down with a vision of dancing on their graves at some future point.
My scout managed to go out of their territory, but ran into a fortified Mayan warrior south of Karakorum.
No Mayan units ever entered my lands whatsoever.
I finally made it to writing in turn 46. I hesitated to buy in France, but they're obviously too far away. No effect of war happiness present (could possibly just have figured it wrong due to razing of Ta-tu and the whipping I did). So I started a trading round: peace with Maya; in the process, they got writing and 7g, I receive poly.
I exchange poly and writing for wheel, IW and some gold with France (tech parity among us 3). Embassy established in Paris.

A scout formerly lurking in French territory tried to talk to barbs in a camp. All scouts gone now.

Meanwhile, I have 2 grannies online. Killer's score bursts at the seams and I really have to catch up now. Btw, he sent a note that he's about to finish philo, eager to know if either me or he got there first... funny joke, just look at my info box below.
Goliath really knows how to rub it in! Inflates David's foe image and there will be judgement! And if it's the unlucky RNG slaps Killer one more time!
Now that the obligatory ranting is done, here's a recent shot of Mongolia:

176.16KB