View Single Post
Old 29-09-2005, 19:36   #1
Kemal

Default CDZ Cup 7th Edition Discussions

Now that most teams will probably be nearing the end of their national cup adventures, it's time again to start talking about that other and - it should go without saying - more important cup that takes place each season, the CDZ Cup: 7th Editon!

Last edition, there was a lot of fruitful debate on how exactly to arrange the competition, especially concerning the format the cup would use, and personally, I think that this resulted in a very enjoyable cup-run for all teams the previous season.

Now, there is of course little reason to reinvent the wheel for each edition of the cup, and taking advantage of the discussions that have taken place earlier is always a good idea. However, there should be room for participants to voice their ideas and possible additions to the cup which could (possibly) create a better cdz-cup experience (and no, banning fc suca will *not* be considered, before someone comes up with that ).

Therefore, feel free to submit or discuss any improvement in this topic, so that we still have enough time to possibly implement it and use it for the next edition already.

To sign up, please visit the Sign-up thread to be opened shortly. Anyone can join, regardless of team strength or previous cup experience.
____

Personally, I think the rules-set and format used last season were, despite my earlier reservations, a great improvement over the "fixed groups" method, most notably because it prevents the balancing not only to strength, but also to team nationality. The only thing that might needs some attention, imo, is the fact that the cup is ever-expanding [cheer], which has the negative effect of more walkovers occuring. I'm not sure how to easily mend this, but it is a fact that (un-announced, these are the problem, not the pre-announced of course) walkovers are created by a lack of communication between team managers.

Since not all Cup players are regulars at CDZ, I suppose it might be an idea to experiment with special topics at the federation forum as well, only for the specific purpose of reporting walkovers, to be updated each week, so that managers not used to cdz can report about their whereabouts there.
Of course, CDZ needs to be the main base of operations, so there won;t be scores, tables etc at the fed threads, but I think it might be useful to try.

Other than that, I'm all for 9 rounds (7 league/2 KO) and total random draw again, time to improve on that 3rd place!