View Single Post
Old 14-01-2014, 12:47   #25
Shabbaman
Administrator

Well, it didn't take more than a few weeks to set aside CK2 for a while. The latest big DLC introduced something called "event troops", which basically means that under certain conditions you (or the AI) receives a shitload of troops. In my current game, where I became emperor of Scandinavia as the first Ynling ever to make something of his life, I got embroiled in a war in England. England mostly norse, but the new Irish king doesn't like norse. Apparently that was good enough for him to receive a stack of 8k, which wouldn't have been much of a problem if Paradox hadn't decided to nerf liege levies in the same patch. Bottom line: levies are dead, event troops are the new hotness. Basically this means that continuing this save is a bit pointless. It's not the first time Paradox pulls something like this off, so I should probably play faster. Or start new games more often.

Similarly I'm dreading to continue my EU4 save, although I was looking forward to the new Conquest of Paradise DLC. It's the first major DLC for EU4, and it looks awesome. But I don't feel like paying 15 bucks for a game I've played so little so far, considering that I don't have much time playing a lot in the near future anyway. I'll wait for the inevitable spring sale. Mental note: must play EU4 more.

I've been playing Company of Heroes 2 quite a lot recently. It's better than it was in beta, but there's not much that distinguishes it from CoH1. Russians are nice though.

Oh, and TF2. Did I mention TF2?