View Single Post
Old 02-09-2006, 20:14   #13
WackenOpenAir

Turn 102:
My golden age kicked in a few turns ago. Due to the golden age, i am now doing 250 science per turn at 40%. My 2 most productive cities have around 30 shields per turn each.
Non wonder building cities are mostly just completing the following list of structures:
-harbor
-aquaduct
-library
-marketplace

KC started his golden age with the haning gardens last turn. He has researched monarchy for this. The result is: I am no longer really behind in research. As my research of Invention completes, there is no tech available that is made cheap by KC's research. I choose to research Theology.

Just this turn, i built Leo's workshop. If KC didn't lie to me, he should have 600 shields on his prebuild within few turns now. I have 2 more wonder builds going, but i will not beat this prebuild of him. The good news is, it is his only prebuild. I expect him to build Sun Tzu.

Now i have 2 wonder prebuilds going, and i am not really sure yet what they are gonna be. I am interested in the science wonders, in magelans, bach's and even sistines.

I am just thinking about what is gonna happen when we both get to sail the oceans. I don't think it's gonna end there. I have never really fought wars in the industrial age, and i'd dying to use all those beautifull units for the first time.

This naval war would cause huge losses for both of us of course. So i need to get an edge. Magelans should give me an edge in naval warfare. Strong happy wonders may give me an edge in defeating war weariness. Thats why i am actually thinking about sistines and bach's. The science wonders are an obvious choise of course.

The problems though:
-Combining the production of rediculously expensive cathedrals with the production of units, espescially naval units in the coastal cities. These cities all have a rather weak production.
-When we go to Industrial age, KC will have a free tech and will thus reach Sci meth faster, get 2 free techs and possibly build the Hoover dam before i get a chance to do so myself.

I am gonna think about these long term plans a bit more now.
WackenOpenAir is offline   Reply With Quote