View Single Post
Old 25-09-2004, 02:35   #4
Grille

Game moved slowly, but we finally met for a power session. Turn count is now 160. Tech status: Astronomy is just in, gunpwoder is unknown yet.

An actual albatross impression:

255.79 KB

Re-thinking, shaking and fine-tuning the attack concept vs Greece had resulted in a complete new plan: no attack vs Greece happened at all!
And won't happen too soonish.

Greece is able to pay some gpt. Not much, but better than nothing and Sumeria is still a young nation desperately needing that dough. Greece continued working on every wonder they could build and I did't want to disturb them... until the harvest is fat enough. Athen just completed Sun Tzu's (and as shown below, in reach of Knights). Chances are they also win the race to Sistine's in another nearby (seemingly productive) city. MoM and Colossus are also owned by Greece.

Here's the demograph:

158.16 KB

Seriously paving the ocean grounds with my galleys helped one of Froggy's Chinese ships to get through...
He met one of my galleys with his in Roman territory a few turns ago.

34.99 KB

I established an embassy; it looks like my suicide ships just didn't make it before. Anyways, now the crossing is safe. Here's the route:

112.26 KB

Meanwhile, the Chinese tourists have explored the northern coast and are currently admiring hot Sumerian chicks at the beach:

38.02 KB

Intensive chat and Froggy's lament about the actual situation convinced me of a very bizarre deal: Within 2 turns, I gave away mono, engineering, feudalism, invention and chivalry! In return, I got a load of intel/map info, some gold, drawed a lux option and I will get gunpowder and chemistry in 10/20 turns.
Froggy's only neighbour is the Maya empire! Btw, Maya have Pyramids and ToA, which explains their rather fine score. Consequently, Sprotte's neighbours are Egypt and Carthage.

I was really deciding between either this 'pet-zoo' diplo approach or an instant war declaration... i.e. attack Chinese galley before it could meet the Greeks who are ahead in techs compared to China. But preventing that contact would have been too much of gamble (galley vs galley), not succeeding here (or just not doing tech trading at all) would have possibly lead to muchos gpt-payments to Greece for those techs mentioned - while I'm planning to bankrupt them; I pay 30gpt and give 2 luxs to them for two more turns and will grab all their surplus gpt in 1 turn.

other stuff:
Egypt eventually completed SoZ
[Thereafter[/i], the puny Romans hooked up ivroy (got it by trade)
I completed the Templar (4 knights in white satin around up to now):

42.94 KB

Some factors indicate that Sprotte is at war (e.g. Paris doesn't get bigger than 7 or 8, maybe ww probs). Note that his suspected neighbours own SoZ (Egypt) and Great Wall (Carthage)!

Corinth flipped, I could rush some slaves there:

38.69 KB

further plans:
-Leo's *should* be completed in 4 turns
-Researching banking now (6), then music theory (10), navigation (16 or less)
-Bach-pre-build has 20 turns to go.
-the two galleys near Beijing will surround the Chinese continent; let's see where more luxs sit around!
-declare war on Greeks/ get GA