View Single Post
Old 26-01-2004, 08:32   #3
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
quote:
2753 spectators arrived at The Bavelse Kom, where weather conditions were pretty good for football. Bavel started off with a 4-4-2 lineup. They fielded: van Rijn - Sandino, van Haselen, Heinen, Bagolini - Dekker, Zuidema, van der Werff, van Beesd - Dassen, de Jong.

PP had chosen a strategic 3-5-2 formation. The following players had been chosen: Pietrek - Tafro, van Zeeland, van Bommel - Waltmans, Sörensson, Daemen, Boote, Bakker - Drent, Beugels.

PP´s Sjors Drent could have put the guests one up in the 13th minute, chasing a through ball but Philip van Rijn was fast as a snake, grabbing the ball from under his nose. 27 minutes into the game Gerko Tafro was a hair´s breadth away from giving PP the lead. A prompt block by Philip van Rijn saved the home team that time. PP appeared unsure on how to play. After 37 minutes, Arnout de Jong swiftly ran past Ludo van Zeeland to put away the 1-0 goal. Visitors Rolf Beugels was alert on a play coming in from the left, making the score a tie at 1 - 1 in the 37:th minute. Bavels Koos Heinen got himself booked after a foul. Due to a severely mistimed tackle,Roman Pietrek spent some time on the grass writhing in agony before he could get up and continue the game. PP seemed to suffer a certain amount of confusion about the organization of the team. The teams went for a half-time break at 1 - 1. The fortyfive minutes were dominated by Bavel, with an impressive 57 percent possession of the ball.

The PP players spent the half-time break getting a rerun of the teams tactical organization. The referee showed Bavels Ezra Zuidema the yellow card after a particularly nasty challenge. Jelmer Waltmans of PP received a yellow card in the 75:th minute for unsportsmanlike behaviour. Bavel made a bid to take the lead as a ball coming in from the right hand side left Koos Heinen completely alone with keeper Roman Pietrek, who made a spectacular block. Bavel held the ball, with a clear 53 percent possession rate.

The most dominating Bavel player was without a doubt Philip van Rijn. Ezra Zuidema on the other hand, had a terrible day. The most dominating PP player was without a doubt Rolf Beugels. Peter Sörensson was a disappointment, however. The match ends 1 - 1.

A draw, best result in the league ever, but still it isn't a win
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote