View Single Post
Old 20-02-2004, 19:27   #26
Aggie
Emperor

Level: Librarian (4th difficulty level)
Landmass: large
Rest: random

The screenshots are terrible. I have to find a workaround for that

These are the rules. I added that the game waits at the end of the turn.

We land near the sea and have mineral resources and flat rolling land near by.

We start with a scout patrol and a colony pod. The scout patrol goes south, the colony pod goes west. I start researching Biogenetics to race towards the Secrets of the Human Brain. But when that fails, we should go for Flexibility, to build a ship fast! Labs at 80%, Economy at 20%. Breaktrough in 11 turns.

(1) year 2102: Gaia's Landing: Scout patrol->Formers. Scout Patrol stays at home. Other Scout patrol opens pod and finds Mineral Resources.

(2) year 2103:

(3) year 2104: Scout patrol opens pod and taps an underground river. Colony Pod follows the river west and ends at the edge of water.

(4) year 2105:

(5) year 2106: The Flowers Preach founded on the river.

(6) year 2107: The Flowers Preach: Scout Patrol->Formers. Scout Patrol stays home. Other Scout Patrol opens pod and finds xenofungal bloom

(7) year 2108: Gaia's landing: formers->colony pod. Scout Patrol captures a mind worm

(8) year 2109: Former builds solar collector. Mind worm is fast on xenofungal bloom and opens pod. It gives us 75 gold.

(9) year 2110: Hmmm, I made a mistake somewhere, because we discover Industrial Base . Research on Biogenetics now (I hope). Our first breakthrough is only one year after the University. Mind worm finds energy resources from a pod.

(10) year 2111: Mind worm finds 75 gold in a pod. Scout Patrol finds the datapod of Morgan of the Morganites. I ring him up: I sign a treaty of friendship but he doesn't want to trade.

(11) year 2112: Gaia's landing is size 2. MM-ing is needed for growth and minerals. We find the borehole cluster and a story about it pops up. We open a pod and find energy resources again.

(12) year 2113: In a pod we find info on Information Network. We now can make network nodes

(13) year 2114: We discover Biogenetics. Chances on Secret of the Human Brain are slim, but I still go for the other required tech: Social Psych.

(14) year 2115: We open a pod and find mines. Start roading a tile near Gaia's landing.

(15) year 2116: Flowers Preach: former-> Colony Pod.

(16) year 2117: Another pod reveals Aplied Physics . Former near Flowers Preach starts solar collector. On this level we lose a pop at Gaia's landing while building a Colony Pod.

(17) year 2118: Former near Gaia starts another solar collector. Mind worm captures another mind worm! A second mind worm is killed and the winning worm is of larval mass now

(18) year 2119: As I predicted: the University discovered the Secret of the Human Brain Oh-well, then we should go researching Flexibility soon.

(19) year 2120: Song of Planet founded. We open another pod and get 75 gold.

(20) Song of Planet: Scout Patrol->former. Scout Patrol stays home. Pod appears to be a monolith. We investigate it and worm is now larval mass.

We are 2nd power in the world (behind the University). We already captured two mindworms and found two techs. I'd go for Flexibility and build AT LEAST one ship (which can defend itself, no freight). Our strength is the fact that we can capture native life very soon in the game, so we should certainly use that!

Our world:

The save:

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] SMAC-2121.zip
43.43 KB
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote