Thread: SGOTM8 Turnlogs
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2005, 20:01   #12
Darkness

Turn 71-80 (Player: Darkness)

1225BC (1) – Philly: worker -> worker. Archer destroys barb camp near NY.
1200BC (2) – Chicago: Warrior -> worker.
1175BC (3) – Washington: Settler -> settler. KYOTO (JAPAN) builds Oracle. See a Chinese settler-spearman pair near Canton. Move to block… Approach barbarian camp near gems. Only one warrior present. Switch Atlanta build to settler.
1150 BC (4) – I gamble and use the two warriors to attack the camp near the mountains. First one dies, but the second wins…
1125BC (5) – NY: Worker -> worker. Build in SanFran… switched to warrior as NY needs another MP.
1100BC (6) – Second Chinese settler-spear combo spotted near Canton… Boston: Archer -> spearman. Philly: worker -> worker. Miami founded 3 NW of New York. Start production of worker… WM sold to Greece for their WM and 23 gold. WM sold to China for their WM and 20 gold. Maps show nothing new, they just got us some extra gold.
1075BC (7) – Washington: Settler -> settler. Chicago: worker -> worker.
1050BC (8) – SanFran...: warrior -> courthouse. Seattle hires scientis, ‘cause the only alternative is raising the lux tax to 60%.... Houston founded N of the dyes (on the river). Start worker (can be changed by the next player).
1025BC (9) – China orders us to remove our forces. We are not ready for war, so I comply with his “request”. We got what we wanted from the blocking anyway.
1000BC (10) – NY: worker -> worker. Atlanta: Settler -> courthouse.

169.61KB

Some notes for the next player (see NEW dotmap!!!):
- The injured warrior should patrol near the gems, moving SW next turn and again NE the turn after, to keep as much as we can clear of the fog, so we can prevent camps from arising. After the colony is founded on the gems we’ll see what to do next.
- The settler in Chicago should go to A
- The settler in the stack 2N of Miami should go to B
- The workers 2 N of Miami are a stack to road towards the dyes.
- Use all available units to block the Chinese. We might get a few more cities
- Cities on the new dotmap are listed in order of priority (IMHO)
- Republic in 7 turns. After that: literature, so we can build some libraries.
- The spearman build in Boston can also be changed to a library pre-build, but that’s your call.
- I built a lot of workers, ‘cause we’re going to war later on with a slow stack and we need those workers to road for them, to get at least something that resembles speed…
- City site C1 or C2 is up for debate I think. I prefer C2 (less cultural pressure and closed territory without the need for culture right away.
- City site E has the lowest priority, because we will get that site anyway. C and D will be a race with the Chinese, and we’ll most likely lose the race for D.
- E is located 2 SW of Miami, because that will bring more tiles in our territory than any other location on that piece of coast.
- And lastly: I made a minor error in the micromanagement of New York. It will now grow in 5 turns, instead of 4. Sorry about that…
- And one final note: we’re lagging behind team Wacken by a whopping 88 points. I am very surprised how they got such a high score. We did not play perfect, but we did play quite a good game so far. I’ll be reading their spoiler after the game is over with great interest! Looks like we’ll be racing for second place…