View Single Post
Old 20-10-2010, 14:22   #20
Aggie
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by socralynnek View Post
Buy a defender with high set pieces and train him in the goal and a few seasons later you have the best keeper in the world. Or kind of...
That is a good one. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
Investment for secondary trainees are virtually non-existant, you can train even the worst crap to make huge profits. Look for passable to good wing with the quick specialty, and go no higher than inadequate PM.
True. I was thinking about winger training, but I want at least 3 strong defenders and 3 strong PM's on a training spot (with a cup run in mind). The other two spots may be for the young crappy players. I have 8 M to spend on the trainees (and on top of that the money I recieve from the 6 oldies I will replace with younger guys). Don't know if that is a feasible option. But you got me thinking Shabba. Thanks.

edit: well, my talk about the defender spot for winger-training is nonsense. Here wingers get only half the training, so all spots should be filled with strong defenders imvho.

edit2: considering both my cash position and my short term ambitions it might be best to go for older trainees (28 YO) and aim to train them for two seasons (should I NOT choose to train keeper). Remains to be seen what the profit will be after training two seasons, but I guess this also goes for any other training choice. The market will be flooded with multi-skilled players.

Last edited by Aggie; 20-10-2010 at 15:20.
Aggie is offline   Reply With Quote