View Single Post
Old 19-11-2007, 08:10   #6
Robi D
King

I sent Dandridge a message just to say hi and ask if he was interested in a peace deal for this first part of the game.

I got the reply back which i don't really know what to make of. I split up the conditions he requested for ease of reading

Quote:
quote:Hi Robi D of the Romans,

I'm very interested in a long term peace agreement with you. The fact that you'll have the famous Roman Pretorians at your disposal quite early in the game however preconceives some special conditions to this agreement.

1-I must be able to scout inside your territory when open borders are possible.

2-You must not move any Pretorians near my border or stock them in large amounts.

3-If you build pretorians I must know who you are going to attack with them(my emphasis), since they are not defensive units.

All this is required since I know how people usually make use of Pretorians. If you agree these terms I'm ready for a peace treaty that last at least untill 1000 AD. I'm also interested in making military co-operation with you.
DanDRidge of the Russia
Point 1 is not an issue for me as long as i have the same rights

Point 2 sounds a bit ridculous to me. If we have a peace deal why would i stockpile any units at his border, and even if i did it wouldn't make a difference since we would be at peace.

Point 3 i highlighted. I really don't see why this would be his buisness. There is no way i would want anyone to know if i'm planning an attack on someone. Should i tell him my strategy too.

I feel this an attempt to be controlling of me, make me a quasi vassel to him. I'll send a reply basically to say point 1 is fine as long as i have the same right but point 3 is not acceptable.

What i want to know is what you guys think. Am i overreacting, is he being reasonable in the circumstances. Also do you think this is a genuine offer or has he already decided i have to go and this is just a ploy to get me involved in dragged out talks while he sets up his attack. I'd like to know everyones 2 cents

"We shall defend what is ours.
We shall never surrender" --Kosovo is Serbia!
Robi D is offline   Reply With Quote