View Single Post
Old 05-02-2004, 11:23   #22
Skyfish

The empire is growing very rapidly, its a bit too much of a farmers gambit of course but thats the risk I need to take. Things are going really well though.
I have loads of Luxes which is going to help no end in this game.
At the moment it plays like a No-AI game since I only have 1 contact and any deal is impossible.
I am blocking the Koreans and my whole paln is based on them not forcing me out of the isthmus.

I finally researched (at max) Writing in 1200BC (after a min sci on Alpha) and went for CoL to go ASAP for Republic.
On the turn I got Writing I bought RoP from Korea in order to hopefully find somebody else ! I need to get my tech costs down, I have 3 curragh actively looking

Here are some screenies to show you more of the situation...
They have been taken sporadically and not on same turn so there is no logic in them sorry.

Wow ! The Koreans have neither Philo *or* CoL : this is great news, we are not that far behind
Notice how the nasty Mayan Warrior is so feared by our neighbor

Please be aware that I have neither IW or the Wheel so I dont know what they have...

The "BS screen"(TM) gives refreshing news that we are doing good.

The only big disappointment atm is my FP site : I had counted on at least 2 or 3 shields of production but it is already desperately corrupt...
I should have know better than to follow anarres' advice