View Single Post
Old 17-12-2004, 11:36   #18
Kingreno

Massive update!

Where were we? Oh right! We had just completed the ToE in Eindhoven. Beam went after me (techwise) and went for AT himself in anill-attempt to take Hoover from me. However, Railroaded Son en Breughel had skyrocketed production resulting in:

42.5KB

Factories were finished continentwide and immediately we profitted from our Sanitation research as Hospitals were next. I will never give this tech away as AI ignores is completely and I want beam to spend the full 4 turns on it. Beam went for (pricey!) Electronics after AT allowing me to go on the Coorperation which came in 5 turns. I was expecting Beam and the AI to get it too at some point but:

70.38KB

Beam got AT one turn later and thus misses 4 techs! He is up Communism and Fascism on me but that is slightly unimportant.

Things went predictably. Stock exchanges after hospitals and then mili. I used Civil Engineers extensively, mostly in the remote area's to build factories,Courthouses and Markets there. The Remotest (larger) cities are now on 10-15 shields. This is still an inf every 6-9 turns!
Theodora. That our love was not eternal was to be expected, but the Bitch RoP-raped me! I had "locked" the border for this could have happened but she managed to kill 5 cav and almost take Philadelphia. She was going to pay!
Soon Greek units overhwelmed riflemen from Byzantium all over the place.
The Meager harvest was one leader.

119.68KB

Also we captured several wonders:

79.76KB

And as useless:

97.16KB

Byzantine culture is immense, so I had some flips along the way. Nothing too bad though! Later, we also managed to snatch a very nice wonder:

85.29KB

I removed all foreign inhabitants off the island and it is completely Greek now!
Theodora still has one city surrounded by my cav on an island. I want her Mod-age tech, and plan on some leaderfishing.

Time went on. Spain got replacable parts and Beam has it too. He also gained Electronics and the Coorperation! He has signed an RoP with Spain and he intends to abuse Isabella soon now. The ratface!
My own research is progressing as well as I need that tech gap to stay there. I am up sanitation, Refining, Steel and combustion. Flight is up in 3! I can run 0.10.0 for a while to come and expect to be in the next age by no less then 11 turns (flight, mass prod and mot transp).
Beam knows I have steel and ref and thinks he is gaining (he is, a bit). He is about to meet a Destroyer. A destroyer of hope.

74.87KB

I also investigated a city of beams a few turns ago ( no pic. shit!) and he has a little over 400 gold. Not enough to make a steal. He will also depserately need Sanitation.
To give a comparison I have made some giant pics of both our empires:

178.29KB

Some figures om Shields:
Beijing: 22
Philadelphia: 44
Heeze: 36

Beams Land:

97.48KB

The map is very accurate.

This results in the following minimap:

5.8KB

And F11:

53.66KB

And last the Powergraph.

20.2KB

As said I cannot see Beam getting back techwise. So what shall it be? Diplo, Space or Nukes?