View Single Post
Old 31-07-2003, 11:21   #17
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Turn 51 Developments

Erik thought it necessary to make a post in the open thread regarding my slave workers and inviting me over to take on his mercs with my JW's. I doubt he would have done that had he knew my first JW was only 2 squares away I ended my turn next to his worker and made a nice screenie to scare him a bit.

8.88*KB

Of course I'm not going to war with just one JW but I'd like to do some scouting of ERIKK's empire. I have alrady cast a glance at his capital, mr. JW spots Leptis Magna:

66.79*KB

Size 2, regular num. merc. for defence. Would that mean he has no barracks in Leptis Magna either?? Maybe I'll investigate LM in a few turns. More interesting are the borders I can see now, I highlighted them and they indicate a 3rd city can only be SW of Carthage and if there's a 4th one it should be that way too.

I wondered for while why he hadn't build num mercs in Carthage and thought he might refrain from building them before he'd become a monarchy/republic to avoid having a useless GA (Like I had). He has built one in LM so this reasoning turns out to be faulty. Did give me an idea however: I can sacrifice a JW on his Merc and trigger his GA in despotism That way we'll both have had a useless GA....
Probably he didnt build them because they're expensive.

Slave Workers
ERIKK has checked the f3 screen, seen I have 6 slave workers and now suspects 'Killer tactics'. While his suspicion is entirely correct I've discovered something I didnt knew before. The f3 screen show only captured workers (just like the caption says). The ones you buy aren't shown here (I got 8 instead of 6). Of course this sounds logical, but I had never noticed it.

This also means you can deduct some info about wars form this screen before embassies. You dont know if it's a current war but you do know there's a reasonable chance there was a war between the 2 civs. Only exception being a worker that your opponent captured in a previous war against another civ which you capture from him.

Expect more updates daily!
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote