View Single Post
Old 02-04-2005, 21:46   #20
Kingreno

Well done Beam! He traded himself back into action by getting a monopoly on Industrialization!!

He traded for all techs he lacked not even just parring with me but with me lacking Indus I am now suddenly the backwater civ of the game.

Not for long I say. As Beam got to trade I decided to sit on my Scientific Method Monopoly. Rotterdam needed 8 more turns to complete it (yeah I know lousy timing, but at the right prebuildtime the Palace was just 300 shields...). This gave me the chance to do repparts in 7 and just hope no-one got SciMeth. That worked and the turn before Rotterdam would finish I sold RP (shared mono with America and the Iroquois) and ScI Meth for Indus, The coorp and Ironclads.
I was happy to see:

44.01KB

I picked Steel and Refining as free techs and am just 7 turns away from Destroyers now.

Of course, as expected, we have no rubber.

This is a serious disappointment since I cleansed the Roman homeland and now have a chunk of the world large enough to have at least 3 Rubber. Well, there is one rubber unclaimed.[]

28.05KB

My 3 cavs proved too much for ceasar and next turn I got them. Romans eliminated

A slaveworker was sent to the Rubber and harbor-lib will make sure we have Rubber in Amsterdam, a welcome fact for many a visitor there.

This is a huge pic of Beams land:

72.68KB

At this moment he has just gotten his Iron connected so he's probably building facs everywhere, and RR. This last issue though is not so easy I think as clicking his tiles shows that many tiles are unimproved!! It looks to me like he has a sever workershortage due to the wars...not a nice time to have to build workers when there are so many other essential builds (Facs-hospitals-stocks-Policestations). I will keep a close eye on city sizes as to know what he is building.

To compare a bit, my lands.

137.57KB

Noitice also that the dense build of Beam is starting to counter him here compared to my very loose build. Former Rome has still a good rate of production and after buying CH and Policestation in Rome I will build the FP there asap.
The core, Hospitals are in all cities now (except Rotterdam due to ToE). I then bought Factories as soon as I got Industrialisation and one turn of shields invested. It is great to have some turns of GA left with factories! After that I am going for "perfect" cities in the core, even building Temples and cathedrals as size means I can use them (but do not need them), but focussing on Police stations and SE's. Wall street and Battlefield med will follow.
My cash counter still reeds 4000 gold or so and I plan to invest 3000 in infra in the core. I make 400 gpt as well, but that will be upgrade money.
The roman land needs heavy development and the FP is needed there. From there on it will be simple. Market/lib/CH/Fac/ps/harbor/rax and the such.

da mm

8.68KB