View Single Post
Old 18-03-2005, 09:54   #16
Kingreno

After months of counceling getting over the fact that this Spoiler "sucks" we continue spoilering any way.

I am an evil whore. []

Several things happened, let's begin where we ended last time. WE got Gunpowder and lacked SP. That was expected a bit as it continued in the no-iron-too-way this game was in. Giving up was an option but I rightfully decided there is always a way. The worst case could be I would be overrun by AI, or worse, Beam, but I felt confy I could handle both on the diplomatic front.
As you know, having no military concerns whatsoever has the advantage that one can focus on building and diplo. When the possibilty of ememy invasion is neglectable (as I cannot prevent that with warriors and Longbows) science is the path that may lead to glory. here's how this whore kept himself in the game:
Beam. Whine a bit. Make sure I am inferior yet no glory can be gained by eliminating me. This was helped by constant AI-agression towards him. He has been (and is) at war with a minimum of 2 AI during the last 60 turns. This has both kept him on defence and also prevented him getting many luxes or great tech deals. Beam also whined back requesting a techdeal which I granted.
The AI. I monopolysed the following techs: GP, Chemistry, Banking, Physics (with abe, same turn, I got to trade it) and Magnetism. ToG was obtained by Abe first but he did not trade it. I easily whored all these techs to all AI so beam was (and is) a bit backwards. None of the AI are scientific, so at the start of teh Industrial age we were all equal except for Beam:

80.32KB

By itself doable since he is Scientific. However, I also Monopolysed Medicine! I picked this tech as I have no iron for RR any ways and my 6 AI friends (ALL gracious!) would pick Nationalism as a researchpath. The pick above is taken the turn I made this trade. Iro's and America have just researched Nationalism. All AI expect Egypt also have Democracy up on me.

I buy Nationalism from Iroquois for 60gpt, 170gold and Medicine

Sell Medicine to America for 120 gpt and 86 gold

Sell Nationalism to Mongols for democracy, 72gpt, WM and 5gold

Sell Nationalism to Inca for 88gpt and 174 gold

Sell Nationalism to Egypot for Furs (deal just expired, nice timing to renew it!) 16 gold and WM.

Rome is kept in the dark.

This balances to:

19.64KB

If I get Steam before Beam gets in this age...I can totaly neglect his free tech! 9 turns...
The units upkeep...I am annoyed that my little shitty mili costs me 34gpt!

23.83KB

some other thingies, the diplomatic screen:

61.64KB

Very hard for him...I do not know what happens if these nations start landing rifles near his cities...

My area:

87.7KB
Amsterdam, Rotterdam and the Hague are all on 20spt. Eindhoven has 15 spt, Utrecht and Groningen have 10 spt. I have a lux deal with Rome that expires in 10 turns. In 12 turns I will have close to 30 cav, upgrading one horseman per turn. Rotterdam will start a Palace prebuild for ToE. Hoover is pretty pointless, so I will not go for that.

And my two Saltpeter islands, far away and vulnerable...that's why I got two:

27.36KB

22.66KB

Last, the minimap:

9.22KB

Sorry for the long delay in updates.