View Single Post
Old 09-09-2005, 15:33   #2
barbu1977
Emperor

PMs leading to the civ choice:

Whomp Wrote
Quote:
quote:Hey Barbu,
So what do you think about civs? We want to be complimentary of course. Who should take the ag civ. I'd think Iroquois are a natural. Romans or Persians?
Barbu Wrote:
Quote:
quote:Go ahead for the Iros.

I have a couple of nice choice. One whould be Japan. They start with the wheel
and massonery.
We could even try to gambit with a Japan-Egypt gambit, but that is a bit risky,

Chineese Mil/Ind do start with Mas. and WC.

Persia also gives us 4 starting tech, but none to the MW.

Finaly, Egypt might also be considered, maybe even before persian. Cheap, fast moving UU.
Whomp Wrote:
Quote:
quote:I'd think Pot, BW, WC, IW, wheel, HBR and maths are going to be the critical techs.

Though I'd love to have 2 AA UU's because this should move quickly but I don't see any that will give 4 complimentary techs.

Japanese having the wheel gives a pretty big edge towards MW's. Do you want Iroquois and I take Japan? I think we will need to be as strong as possible early and I think I'd prefer you take the ag trait and power of MW's.
Barbu Wrote:
Quote:
quote:More I think about it, more I think Egypt may be a nice choice, we get 4 complimantary techs and their UU will rock(unfortunatly, Massonry and CB are not realy important) Also, with 2 horsies UU, we will not be needing Iron Working and/or Iron.

Techwise would be Wheel and WC, followed by HBR and BW.

Japan: no AA UU, we get MW not mutch earlier, but we get spears faster.

What you think?
Whomp Wrote
Quote:
quote:Numercs would be solid to lead a MW charge but they'd share alpha but gain masonry.

I think your right though and Egypt works for me.
So we have
Whomp: Egypt
Barbu: Iros