View Single Post
Old 17-02-2004, 13:17   #19
Kingreno

And time for an other update. As said, Sky is way ahead of me and we agreed to make a deal, he brought me in the MA for 30gpt. Considdering circumstances a fair deal for 7 techs. I thus have all ancient techs and am now motivating a single scientist towards Feudalsim, only 43 turns to go. The choice on gov was not easy, feudalism requires a very different playstile, it has warweariness and worse, my experience with feudalism is near zero. But there is no other way to go. I have 28 cities, 23 of which will never grow beyond size 6 if I do not get at least one extra lux, that is including the luxslider at 30%. Doing the math, 23*5+5*2=125 free units, in despotism, that is 112 (28*4) in Monarchy 23*2+4*5=66. So feudalism is better IMHO, if anyone disagrees I would be more then willing to hear arguments, though the word republic may be forgotten.

As for the situation. I know 7/8 of the civs, with only Korea not on my christmascardlist. The Koreans are doing okay however and are very likely Sky's neighbours as he has a Korean worker for some time now. Sky does not know I do not know the Koreans and he delivers decent info on them trough MSN, like them starting a wonder.

I currently am paying Sky and Hiawattha gpt-deals, the latter being done in 5 turns, which will mean war. I have no other choice and hope to get a leader (5 would be okay). Hia is still very much busy with Joan, so that is a very big plus.

113.04KB

The area looks as it has looked for ages now. My top 8 cities have rax and markets now, mili all the way. The FP is slowly getting their, though often starvation is the only option for the (lazy) constructors.
In the western "pass of leaders" the main military resides, ever ready for an attack on irolands.

75.98KB

Tlalmanalco has rax, a temple and will have walls in 7. The mountain range will be fortified to provide Zone of control and extra defence. I am still in doubt if I will add baricades. I could put one in the grassland before Tlalmanalco, but if that falls, I will be attacking Iro-units protected by the same barraicades...so probably that will not happen.
Idealy I will get feudalism very soon so I can upgrade teh spears to pikes. With enough arty support they should be able to kill many.
My Military:

90.29KB

As seen, I am already exceeding the free number of units, but SidSod's (new word?) are not to be underestimated...

The civs:

59.02KB

Two wars going on here, with the Iro-Franco being the vital one, for me. As for techs, I am par with India, the rest is up Mon,Rep,Feu,Eng,Inv and Gunp. Some have Mono,Theo. Sky has rep and probably one MA-tech.

To show yoy that the AI's have not been downgraded too much, take a look at the French Capitol of Paris:

76.26KB

With 6 Bonusgrass, some hills and 3 cattle, and all on fresh water and the sea.

For now, we prepare for war.