View Single Post
Old 02-05-2006, 16:25   #5
Whomp
King

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mauer

I see a situation arising on my southern border. I think in another turn or two we'll both be saying "Our close borders spark tension." Especially considering the resources right there on the soon to be border towns.

So is this it then? I'll be honest and say that I don't think I can put much of an offensive on. I would desperately like to avoid such a conflict as well. I mean there are 2 irons there. So what needs to be done?
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Whomp

Hey. No conflict.

It looked like there were two iron deposits and one is within your border. I was planning to cover the 2nd iron with the settler. From there I will expand west and south.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mauer

Sounds fair to me. If you would like to expand the whole map it would be fine with me. Save for Daveshack and myself. We have your Northern border safegaurded if you want to go that route then.
A short conversation with Mauer today. He seems concerned and I guess he should since I'm up HBR, metal casing and machinery. It sounds like the deal for construction fell through as DaveMcW wanted machinery from Robi D. Not happening. Robi will finish his research on drama and head to CS so we can start on maces. We will most definitely be the first to maces I'd think.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by romeothemonk

I would go north and west.

In your situation, my goal would be to get up 5 cities and turtle up till Redcoats.
I was thinking the next 3 cities would be west to connect Robi and cutoff my south. I may let the barbarians build a city to my south since I will undoubtedly have superior units and will use them for promos and city builders. From there it will be north towards the empty spaces. With redcoats I could be very dangerous so getting there is the key. Fully protecting the cities will be the order of the day.

BTW I'm feeling a little neglected since Tubby is already on page 2 of his spoiler. Are his that much cooler? Tell me what you'd like to see since your wish is my command.