View Single Post
Old 30-06-2009, 17:36   #11
NHJ
Chieftain

Time for an update!

Last time, my civilization consisted of a bunch of savages in a minor village. By now, my civilization consists of a bunch of savages in both a major and a minor village! I've discovered Bronze Working, and with all the jungle up north, I went for Iron Working next.

The capitol:

No bronze there, unfortunately. However, a bit north there is! A Settler was built to grab it, two Workers were built for the common good...

...called war. After all, to the east are a bunch of people called the English:

And their city is the Christian Holy City, which I rather want.

Also, here's the land north of my second city:

Lots of jungle, plus Ivory and Sugar, and some other stuff. Also there were villages, and while maps are usually worthless, one of them provided this:

It's our good pal Monty!

Also, the X marks spots for future cities (I'm open to suggestions). The one east is basically to stop the English from grabbing that land, and to serve as a military outpost and bottleneck for them. Essentially, as soon as I have the bronze connected, and the third city built, I'll start chopwhipping those Axemen until I have a sizeable army. I imagine eight or ten or so will do. As fas as I can tell, they English do not have bronze, unless it's on one of the unexplored squares.

Also, south of the English is basically a bunch of tundra, with some resources. They have not yet built a second city.