Thread: SGOTM8 Turnlogs
View Single Post
Old 13-09-2005, 01:25   #32
Rik Meleet

Turn 211 - 220 {Player: Rik)

IBT: MM cities in such a way we get Combustion in 1 turn. English middle ages units move towards Ephesus
Combustion is learned. Go for Flight.

- 1 -
MM cities. Ephesus benefits more from an Inf than a temple, so I swithc and cashrush an Inf. Deal with Rome ends next IBT. Buy their silks for 3 luxes + WM + 6gpt.

IBT: English move next to Ephesus. Rome demands The Corp. No way Julius. No war. Boston finishes factory -> Coal plant. Atlanta finishes factory -> Coal plant.

- 2 - Cancel ending lux deal with England. Renegotiate a better deal. I notice Scandinavia is Furious. We have surplus dyes, so I gift it to them. Our core is not prepared for a berserker strike and loosing a city is terrible.

IBT: England sneak attacks. The attacks promote a reg Inf to Vet. Washington starts on Universal Suffrage - ToE prebuild.

- 3 - We had some good deals with England. We are now negative in gpt. I do see the need to cashrush an inf on our bigger island as there is an English city there and we are -very- low on defenses. And Japan still doesn't want to give up a city.

IBT: England MPP with Greece. Wool + furs deal with Rome ends.

- 4 - Sell The Corp to Rome for Wool + Furs + small money + MA against England.

IBT: England signs in China against us.

- 5 - Heavy MM is needed to not go bankrupt.

IBT: an English cav is killed. 2 Chinese Longbows enter our island.

- 6 - MM cities. Kill some units. Flight in 2.

IBT: China and Rome sign MPP. That sucks as I now can't attack Chinese cities. Mao is smart. Pollution in Washington.

- 7- use all the workers and forget to clean up Washington, sorry.

IBT: flight is learned. Next tech: Medicine.

- 8 - Universal Suffrage will be completed in 10 turns. Medicine in 4. To not waste too many shields I switch some tiles around to give Wash more commerce and less shields.

IBT: kill some more attacking English Cavs.

- 9 - Merge some native workers into cities. Since China has horses on the Island I need to draft some Infs to prevent loss of cities.

IBT: Pharsalos builds Settler.

- 10 - Build "Dire straits". MM a tiny bit to keep getting Med in 2.

----------

Cities need to be MM-ed to perfection still. Strategy is to get Med in 2, + Sci Meth in 4, so we won't waste a lot of shield in Washington as the ToE prebuild. Japan will not give up any city for peace. England continues to kill their units on the Infs in Ephesus. China only sends out obsolete units. There is a Vet Inf in Tatung that I used to kill Chinese units wandering in.
Be careful; both England and China have MPP's that we don't want to trigger. So it is not a good idea to take the war into their lands.
Thessalonica is our Achilles-heel. We can't reinforce it and we have no gold to rush a unit there. If enemy forces do land, you might want to consider gifting it away.
Good luck.