Thread: Socrates.com
View Single Post
Old 21-03-2008, 20:13   #145
Socrates
Emperor

You guys are funny.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by barbu1977

Your new apartment burned to the ground!
This has to be the closest guess, although it's not as awful as that.

I've just learned that the basement of my new building has been shitty since some underground pipes flooded the place during a whole month in 1995. I've been hidden this during the whole sale (3 months), until the company managing the building revealed it to me. What's so shitty about it ? As a (new) owner in that building, I'm bound to financially take part in the reparation to come in 2 years. Even if I stop living (furniture, night, weekend, holidays...), I may not have the money for this in 2 years !

The latest owner (what I now should call a dirty, old bitch), whose main flat was NOT this one, probably wanted to get rid of this shit and make a nice profit out of the sale (price got multiplied by 3 in eight years ). The housing agency, which was the middle man, was aware of the shit and hid it to me ; to add injury, their saleswoman (a super-super bitch) lied to me multiple times when I asked to visit the cave attached to the piece of estate : she said they couldn't find the keys for the moment, while in fact there were many holes in the caves for architects to probe the ground (so as to have a good idea of the mess down there). Now the holes are gone, it seems, but of course this isn't a good incentive to buy a flat, eh ? I forgot to mention on paper that I actually didn't visit the cave back then.

My notary (?) was sent the paper mentioning the shit one day before I signed for real last week. I don't know if he read it entirely (despite the company managing the building specially added a first page to attract attention), ie. I don't know if he did it on purpose, but the result is that he didn't mention it during the sale. This is also a professional fault.

Today, I'm in the middle of my installation, with many, many fees paid and contracts signed. I have no money left and am stucked with a flat I don't really want anymore (this shit, I mean the actual problem in the building, will last for years...). Fortunately I have a sweet home and my parents to help me, so I'm not desperate. I decided not to move myself to my new flat for the moment, until I can see clearer. I'm on my way to a lawyer, something I'd never had imagined ! I'm determined to make them pay hard for this, I consider this as some kind of challenge too. In the meantime my dream is broken.