View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 09:37   #12
Kingreno

They just did that Beam.

What was it in civ2? "Hawk Party derails!" Or something like that.

I traded Magnetism on Monopoly around and got, besides some cash, the last tech of the MA I needed, Banking. This got me to the next age, with Babylon and Persia. The babs got Nationalism, Persia SP. I set research on Medicine (estimate 8 turns).

Now this means Erikk lacks Banking, Physics, Magnetism and ToG. He may however get Miltrad next turn to equal things out again. That is of no concern to me though. I declared war immediately and Erikk should be a bit angry. WE agreed peace till the IA though, so I broke no treaty.

13.79KB

There, done.
Now we strike.

53.89KB

Precious Bari. Once flipped in my Anarchy a single Roman citizen remains. Very happy to be liberated from these half-naked monsters.

85.29KB

Three cities were taken in this corrupted land, 4 are now under direct Roman siege.
Of course a hawk party like this is sometimes planned far ahead. The same turn 12 units land in Erikk's core.

58.95KB

I can strike 3 cities from here. I am clueless whether he can strike me with his Knights/cav but if he cannot he may lose 1 or even 2. I see no way he can defend all.

My lands in the meantime keep making Knights! This core is quite productive, though no Domestic horses (import Persia) and No SP at all make it hard.

111.06KB

Very curious as to what will happen from here, I'll leave you with the redecorated minimap:

7.42KB