View Single Post
Old 17-05-2004, 21:13   #12
Kingreno

So...my plan to get (even close to) ToE has Failed. Anarres was apparently a lot sooner to the technology then our prophets thought. Stupid them. There are even horible rumours that he has chosen AT and Electronics and some Moron claimed full responisibility for this and was reported as a "Scientific Great leader".
Naturally...Us Carthaginians renounce this concept and even more so because a few years later this guy "suddenly" builds a great dam, names it after a "president" of a Civilization This world has no knowledge of and then disappears!!! Such lies!!
So? Is this a time for giving up??? No way! Lets look at some other aspects of the world. Anarres...had conquered the Netherlands! At least, their main island! Stupid William had all his units in England. In a few turns, bye bye Rotterdam, bye bye Utrecht, bye bye EINDHOVEN!!! Now he has done it. One does NOT RAZE MY HOMETOWN!
Techs. he leads...AT, Electronics, Repparts, ScI Meth and Sanitation over me![]. He has inf and the landing in 15 turns will mean inf on my continent!. Also. I have no inf yet, though I will get it before the invasion.
This would mean give up KR, or are you stalling, where it not so that Carthaginian Scientists have for long kept a VERY dark secret from the known world; WE proved in turn 197, now 8 turns ago, that IRON CAN FLOAT!! The new tech Ironclads is seldom researched but in this mad islandworld where sails still think they rule there is One King of the seas: The Carthaginian Ironclad. I could easily do 4fer with this technology netting me Repparts, sanitation adn sci meth but I simply cannot let Anarres get Ironclads ANY turn sooner then needed. They Upgrade from nothing (but TO destroyers!) so he should not be able to have many of these monsters by the time we go to war. may I also add that Ironclads are better in c3c, with 5(6).6.3 as the stats, add one movement for seafaring civs and we have a very big boat, a bit slow, but very sturdy!
I expect to have around 25 of these in 15 turns!

The strategic concept. Main rule, I invade him, his fleet gets a look at the oceanfloor, along with the inf in it.

The maps:

108.73*KB

My island has RR at most important places, the rest are mountains and some adjustments to irrigated plains to mine for more production. I am, mobilized, number one in MFG and 2 in other important stats.

7.84*KB

The plan: there are two fleets that consist of galleons. One is now to the north of my lands and will head east. It will hold a bit north between Anarres' two islands. They will move to a point where they can strike both islands. Anarres will very likely place galleons between his lands, loaded, so he can enforce the island under attack. he will also send his navy north. My galleons will arrive in 10 turns. These Galleons are empty.
A second fleet housing 20 cav and 8 rifles has gone south. It will go south of india to the east and will hold within 2 or 3 moves south of contantinople. Ironclads are on their way to shield them. It is imperative Anarres does not see this fleet, and is also the reason it left now. I expect his boats to come and scout my islands any time now. I will also send 10 Ironclads to the area between the islands and tehse can effectively block the searoute there. He MUST unload the troops in a city to be effective the same turn. If he cannot, I believe I have a chance.
A second number of Ironclads, and this depends on confidence since I will need a number at home will head for constantinople for bombing. I tested it and it is very effective with oen out of 6 hits getting a population point!

We will see, in 15 turns.