Thread: SGOTM8 Turnlogs
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2005, 10:50   #39
Rik Meleet

Rik

IBT:
Airlift some cavs to the front. Draft a lot. Rush a lot.

- 1 - I win the battle for Copenhagen. Raze it to get workers for an airfield. Capture Oxford (defended by spears) with cavs.
Send bombers to Ephesus, whic is 10 tiles from York and Hastings and has 0% flip risk. Send tanks to be able to capture York and Hastings next turn. Sink some Viking boats (I hate berserkers). War Weariness reaches new heights. It's at this moment cheaper to raise the lux to 10% than to buy Ivory. Hiring clowns drops production substantially.

IBT: Berserkers promote a conscript ToW to elite. Scandinavia MA's with Rome against Japan.

- 2 - worker sacrificed for an airport on Scandinavia. Bombing York and Birka. Birka captured for no losses. Can't take York, but I do capture Hastings. Rush airport in Yangchow. Preparing a huge Fake-peace treaty - ROP-Rape combo against England.

IBT: We loose a cav in an english counterattack. English land an Inf on an island.

- 3 - Capture English Capital of York. Capture Leeds. Sign peace with England for Heracleia (island city) + some cash. England doesn't want to sign RoP. Oh well, we'll declare a few turns later then and focus now on the Vikings. I do move my ToW's and tanks towards the English cities. Paradrop ToW + worker on the free tile between Rome and Japan. 1 turn is enough to get some extra units there next turn. Due to lessened war weariness I can put the lux-slider back to 0%. Cahrush an airport in Herakleia, just in case the war restarts next turn.

IBT: England demands our troops out. I try Rop. refused...

I declare war. A city riots and I "Big-picture" to prevent more riots.

- 4 - Warwick nearly defeats our tanks and cavs, but we do meet Lee.

Warwick isn't captured. I do capture Reykjavik. We are in deep trouble due to war weariness. Buy Ivory from Japan from semi-obsolete techs, Sci meth and Communism, which are already known to Rome. Use the rushed airport in Heracleia to send some tanks for the conquest of Liverpool.

- 5 - capture Warwick. Capture Brighton. England is down to Musket-defended-Tundra-town-Liverpool. MDTTL has 2 tanks in front of its door. Capture Oslo + Stockholm. Rush airport in Hareid to be able to land paratroopers next to Molde on a 2 tile island. Put 2 helicopters + 1 worker + 3 ToW's in Yangchow to land in Roman 2 tile island when needed. Rush some settlers to get permanent footholds where needed. Load MGL + ToW in helicopter and drop them off in the land between Rome and Japan. Rush some paratroopers.

IBT: annoying vikings retreat a tank and a cav.

- 6 - Liverpool captured -> England is dead. Settler + 2 more ToW's unloaded in the land between Rome and Japan. Discover that you can't send settlers via airports. Attack on Bergen fails. More tanks send in. Build an airfield between Japan and Rome. Sign RoP with Rome for Dyes wines and Incense. Maneuver troops for the future battles.

- 7 - Para's land next to Molde on the 2 tile island. Bergen captured. Trondheim captured. Send most 1 move units to the American-Roman central island, while fast units goto the airfield between Rome and Japan. Some go to Scandinavia. Sell Refining to Rome for 1237 gold. Sell Atomic to Japan for 124 gold + 112 gpt. Use this gold to cashrush tanks. I feel the end is near. Build the city "Japanese-Roman Border", guess where ? It has a leader, 4 bombers, 12 ToW's, and 6 tanks. Leader is made into an army. And it can reach with Bombers both the Roman as well as the Japanese only Rubber. Unfortunately the Roman Rubber is directly under a city. Plans: next turn: kill Scandinavia, or the turn after. In 2 turns: attack Rome.

IBT: 14 tanks build.

- 8 - Molde bombed. Paratroopers capture Molde without damage. Aarhus captured by the fingernails, even attacking with redlined tanks. Cashrush airport in "Japanese-Roman Border". Airlift workers from English lands to Viking lands so the tanks there can soon be airlifter to "Japanese-Roman Border".

IBT: "Japanese-Roman Border" builds airport.

- 9 - Stavanger captured -> Scandinavia is dead. Positioning troops to exploit the "Roman RoP Rape" to the maximum. Start with bombing. We fail to capture any cities in the central island, but we manage to raze Satsuma. We capture Cumae, their only source of Rubber. Byzantium falls. Lutetia doesn't.

IBT: no Roman couterattack.

- 10 - Connect Wool, rush an airport in Byzantium. Capture Ceasaraugusta. Capture Palmyra. Autoraze Brundisium. Rome is down to their continent + 1 island city where we already own a city with a rushed airport next turn.
Lugdunum is under siege. Our 2 cities on the Japanese-Roman continent are loaded with troops that still have movement. Unfortunately is Cumae rioting (because of resistors going unhappy) so no airport rush there yet.

I stop now. The next player can decide on what to do next. Keep in mind we have a big gpt payment from Japan, so it might be worthwhile to not declare war on them immediately. The Scandinavian province has tanks + airfields + workers. The middle island also still has units which could be better used elsewhere.

I didn't Micromanage yet. I see no other useful thing to build besides tanks.