View Single Post
Old 03-11-2003, 23:45   #7
anarres
anarchist butcher

150 - Research Metallurgy.

I take Banking, Spices, Dyes and WM form France for it, and Physics from India.

151 - Damn, France has got Metalurgy this turn.

I buy Thery of Gravity and Magnetism from France for 167 gpt and get Medicine as my free tech. Now I sell Medicine to France for 176 gpt and Democoracy.

A net gain of 8 gpt and 3 techs.

154 - My MA with France against China has run out, I get my 25 gpt back. I make peace with China and get Economics and 12 gpt for Medicine.

157 - I demand France leave and they declare war. I use a stack of 10 Hawatcha to kill a musket and trigger my GA. 2 French cities fall and I set a stack of 20 Hwatcha next to Avignon.

This war will be painful - Avignon is needed for Iron, and it is on a hill. I can only hope 25 Hwatcha, 20 Horses and 4 Kinghts will be enough. There are 2 Muskets defending (defense 5) on the mountain so I don't expect to lose any offensive units.

234.26KB

158 - I take Avignon: H'watcha are indeed very powerful when used in quantity. I lost several horses in the attack, but only because I was lacking enough Knights to take out the 4 Muskets defending.

190.48KB

160 - Take Marseilles with Knights only and after agonising about it I decide to keep the city. I also take Bescanon after pounding it from size 6 to 2.

Sky lands 40 odd Cavs on my coast. I have no defenses around in my core at the moment as France is taking everything I have. I decide to call it a day and say thanks to Sky for thoroughly pounding me.