View Single Post
Old 06-12-2003, 20:30   #23
Kemal

since there was forest about to be chopped I've went for a granary anyways, otherwise shields would have been wasted. Here's a report on the latest 10 turns:

21:MW, see red borders to the north

22:Meet Babylon, they lack Alphabet and pottery! Great trading possibilities here, I first trade pottery for CB and 69 gold, hoping they have mysticism, but unfortunately they do not. Proceed by trading alphabet for BW and WC, after which I get another Scandinavian worker for CB. We're now at tech parity, except for Ragnar who has The Wheel (I tried to get it but it was way too expensive...). adjust luxury tax to keep the people of Rotterdam happy. I've decided to continue our min. research, since we have used op some turns for that already, and because I feel we might need plenty of luxury tax in this land of plenty (as far as food is concerned)
23:MW

24:MW

25: Disease strikes Rotterdam , I was building a worker there, but I change prod to warrior now. MW

26:MW, Rotterdam produces warrior.

27:MW

28:MW

29:Amsterdam completes granary, starts settler, MW

30:MW, Greek borders in sight to the west for our curragh, but unable to make contact this turn. I don't think we're at tech parity anymore Toto, AI has IW, Mysticism, Wheel and masonry in front, but the techs are divided. So far we've been unable trade even the cheapest techs with these freaking Sid misers though, but now, with the new contact coming up, tech trading may well be a good possibility.

The savegame for skyfish:

Download Attachment: [img]icon_paperclip.gif[/img] SidSG_2550BC.SAV
128.67*KB