View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 11:24   #10
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Kingreno

Different winner, same team.

But seriously.

as Shabba said. 11 riders manage to evade the peloton to get a 21" lead and sprint for the end. As massive accidents are not yet implemented (a big crash 5 km from finish could lead to this result) it is difficult to see this happening. the group of 11:

-has 5 (!!!) from Rambobank, 3 from RRR and 3 loners. 3 From one team is very rare but 5? No way any Peloton would let that happen...and certainly now in a flatter course.
-If for some reason a group like this does form, chances are high that one of RRR or Rambobank will win (say 75% Rambo, 24.9% RRR. 0.1% rest). which is just what happened.
-The rider winning, RRR's Tom Rosa has 3 sprint and 4 steer and decent experience, other skills like time also decent. Overall no McEwen at all but certainly not a utter moron either.

In the end hard to say if the result was ok.
Working on the logs has helped us get some bugs out of sprint which should make this order perform better. Still some weird stuff in it, saturday will see another improvement. I just received new logs, will check them and if possible will put them online today. Still very, very crude logs though!

havent seen the log of the protour yet but 21" left over when a group of 11 escapes seems possible to me, no crash necesssary. Early escape could lead to that. That fact that a lot of riders from the same team end up in same escape groups is on our list to look into. Logs and major bugs 1st though.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote