View Single Post
Old 27-02-2006, 20:23   #15
WackenOpenAir

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bed_head7

Well, gozpel just finished kicking my ass in our game. Part of it was due to general lack of interest/attentiveness to the game on my part. When he suggested the game, I probably only accepted because it was gozpel. But the majority was just due to gozpel's ability to grow. On that front, you two are very similar, which is why I said that the match should be fairly even. If you are on the same continent though, or within galley range, don't count on being able to do an all out farmer's gambit for more than 30-40 turns, and even that is stretching it on some maps. And don't forgot that you aren't playingn against stupid predictable exploitable computer opponents. In my first game, against grahamiam, I was out expanding and producing grahamiam, but only had the sort of defense that would beat back the pathetic AI landings, not one constructed by a human.
Well, that is kinda the part that i regret about this game. (not really in a bad way that i don't like the game, i just have to rethink my plans and addept to the current situation) I have pretty good experience in multiplayer starcraft and C&C, so i know how to be agressive in multiplayer. This game will however not be suitable for that. I am in one corner of a standard size map with 6 deity AI. It is only logical to expect Gozpel is on the other end of the map, meaning it will be 110 tiles to walk or slightly more to sail. I don't really expect to see anything within 80 turns.
WackenOpenAir is offline   Reply With Quote