View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:38   #142
BCLG100
Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beorn View Post
Hope you guys are all well.

On the flip side, with all the airtime devoted to showing the damage, I was wondering: how and why did it start? What little info I could find was that there was a sour turn when they moved in to arrest a suspectedly heavily armed organized crime African/Caribbean guy, a policeman was shot and the suspect died of gunshot. It's a bad day at the office for sure, but does anyone know how it came to where you guys are standing?
There's an inquest relating to the shooting of a man. Police initially claimed he had a gun and fired at them, from what i've gathered they've said thus far this didn't happen, as of yet no-one is entirely sure what happened, I think it is fairly safe to say that he wasn't heavily armed though. Then there was an initially peaceful march last saturday to the police station with the hope that it would encourage the police to show more accountability (justice for the shot man). From there things went mental, it turned into a riot which the police were slow to shut down, it was predominantly in the same area (about a square mile if not less) but the police didn't react very well and looting ensued.

The following nights though had barely nothing to do with what had happened the previous night and was merely a reaction to the police being quite slow in stopping the riot and kids noticing they could get away with looting hence why it happened in numerous places across London for two nights before the rest of the country realised and there was more rioting the following night in other locations.

CDZ Cup Champion!!!
BCLG100 is offline   Reply With Quote