View Single Post
Old 25-09-2005, 15:50   #4
grahamiam
Emperor

We're up to turn 116 now, seems like things are going good in this one. I managed to banish Spain from my continent on turn 99, signed peace getting 25g and 23gpt and an island town. No Leaders but lots of elite wins.

On turn 106, I discovered Mono and had a monopoly. Sold to Dutch for 31gpt and 53g but it seems as if it was too much as they landed a couple of warriors and a spear on the new island town.

The 2 warriros gave me an elite sword, but the eSword did not give me a leader. At this point, the Dutch had snuck a town on my island, so I ran a couple of eSwords and an NM down to the town, taking it and triggering my GA on turn 109.

Meanwhile, GRS was slogging thru the Byzantines, trying to get a hold of his island as well.

On turn 113, I discovered Theology and had another Monopoly. GRS was still down all 1st level MA techs (Mono, Fued, and Eng). Next turn, Dutch offered peace on the IBT, which I took as it didn't make any sense to fight them anymore. They gave 11gpt and 22g. Then, when the turn started, I noticed that GRS now had all 1st tier techs. Looking around, it appears that he paid the Dutch lots of money, so I took it by selling Theology to Dutch for 64gpt and 9g. I then also sold it to Sumeria for 28gpt and 20g. Now, I'm making more than 100gpt with 90% research.

Status of Home Continent @ turn 116

Demographics @ 116 (GA is helping a lot, but pop is #1, which I wanted)

Plan now is to research to Astronomy for Caravels, trading for Invention (3 civ's have it already) and maybe Guns. Once Education comes in, I will sell it to Sumeria and others for Invention and whatever gpt I can get. Sumeria has the GLib and I want to turn it off soon. Also, I'd like to switch my Sun's build to Leo's and build up a lot of horseman. I hope to upgrade 20 to 30 to knights and drop them off in GRS's backyard before Man-o-Wars come into play.
grahamiam is offline   Reply With Quote