View Single Post
Old 31-03-2005, 23:27   #10
Kingreno

Yes yes, slow but steady!

We are nearing turn 70.

Basicly I was wrong in some ways. Akots was less good as I thought, and hoped, as he did not get Literature yet and build a temple in his Byzantine Capitol, for some reason. I talked to him and we agreed a Friendly treaty. This is by no means an all-out alliance, but we will not attack for the time to come and also inform the other player if we spot large fleets. We will also share "other news". Luxes will be traded if we see an opportunity arise.
Is this good? well...hrmpf...dunno. Killer and Stapel seem to be fully allied and that sux. This game was not made for 4vs2vs2 and I do not like it a lot. If they want they can wipe me and akots off the world and fight it out and there is only a tiny chance we would live if we did not ally, which we didn't. I built embassies in their capitols to make sure and I am right as they share research.
I am positive either me or Akots will see a landing soon and I have my bets on myself being the victim. So, to be honest, I see little hope but will defend vigourously. And, there is one trump up my sleeve:

Sumeria,

66.01KB

This is the strongest Civ in the game. Best Mili combined with highest MFG and Pop. City placement is very good and SH will go FP soon. As can be seen the Pyramids are due in 3! I will switch to the Great Library and I will get it 100% sure as no other civ is building any wonder atm and Palaces are 300 shields max. This should benefit my effort greatly.
The Sumerian Stats. Pretty good knowing that my second city started on the Great Library...

17KB

England,

54.04KB

England has the largest Navy and I am building cheap curraghs to counter invading galleys. I had severe Barb troubles and we are finaly starting to shape an empire. Barbs are still plenty and I am trying for a decent Navy/army/setler mix.
The stats for England are also okay, knowing the barb troubles and massive scouting they have done.

18.09KB

the English minimap to finish,

7.71KB