Thread: domain expiring
View Single Post
Old 30-05-2009, 09:26   #7
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akots View Post
There is a problem with attachments in old spoilers. I've checked mine and they all are gone. Not sure how to correct this. Will manually changing them to url and civduelzone from civ3duelzone help? Were they actually there recently?

They were there at the time the forum was moved. Do you still have them on a backup? If you can put them with original names for some upload folder, can they be recovered at new domain? Since they just worked fine form the old domain, and you left the old CDZ online, there were no problems with that. IIRC, the attachment database could not be converted and it did not. It shows me having like 20 of total attachments while is should be over a couple of hundred.
Only the URL expired, the actual data, including attachments stills sits on the server. So no worries: Nothing is lost!

Moving the data is an viable option. It would require a string replacement as well, but VB has a tool for that so should be no problem either.

Getting the URL will cost me 20 euro's or so and will save all hassle with moving and replacing. Otoh, doing a replacement is more elegant and solves the problem permanently. Will decide on monday, ISP isn't open till tuesday anyway.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote