View Single Post
Old 22-01-2006, 22:38   #12
Socrates
Emperor

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by akots

IMHO, it is not patched to a playable level yet but the patch is on the way apparently. It does not make sense to start games now since the saves might be incompatible with the previous versions. The memories of C3C 1.15-1.22 jump problems are still fresh and many games died because of this.
Yup, that's why I stated this first in my previous post. When the game is finished with creation, we can start thinking of long PBEMs. But things change every week or so at the moment. Fortunately, games can be played quicker now, so we'll get to play a lot in the future.

@ Ginger_Ale : Based on how many games ?? I think I know what you're talking of, but I still don't have the answer myself, since I'm still trying to make up my mind on that. The last thing I want to do now is to deliver my conclusions that Civ4 isn't a good game, after just a few games. I don't want to make the (negative) show.

@ Kingreno : The building of large empires a la Civ 1/2/3 is almost gone, and for good, for me. I tend to take as much time for my games in Civ4 as in Civ3, but instead of MMing hundreds of cities that won't have an impact on the game, I'm now using that time for more interesting things. And while still being a MMer, I like the hammer/beaker carryover a lot. That, combined with the inability to swap projects in a city with the carrying-over of hammers to the new project makes for a more interesting game, methinks.