View Single Post
Old 23-12-2003, 00:46   #2
Melifluous
Administrator

Aha first I am indeed to this lovely spoiler.

Where to begin.

I started grabing land as soon as I could and expanded well south towards babylons lands. After taking 3 workers from them I had severly stunted their growth. Meeting with the Zulus and Persians I started to fall behind in tech. Also my expansion was slowed.

I didnt expand far enough to claim either the iron, or as it later turn out, the saltpeter. I did have Ivory and in time constructed the Statue of Zeus by hand. And until much later in this spoiler the Ancient Cavalry was the best unit I produced. I think I met the Ottomans at this point, little trading followed. I was behind

So with about 5 ancient cavs and about 10 horse I attacked the babylonians again and quickly took two cities before fighting a holding war against advancing bowmen. At this point the Zulus made themself known and I briefly warred with them too. It was at this point I gained a northern city from the Zulu gaining me some Iron!

The ensuing peace talks gained me some vital techs and after researching Monarchy and selling around I made it to the MA's.
Free tech was feudalism, this netted me some extra techs in trading.
Turns from Chivalry I lost my iron as the city flipped back to the Zulus and I pulled 4 turns of anarchy.

Next was the slow decline of the babs, the eradication of the hittites by me, zulus and ottomans. I am very alone in this game, my partners and neighbours were torn apart by the Zulus and the Ottomans and the Zulu wiped out the last of the babylonians.

I have met and sailed a galley around the other continent and now a final gambit was made. The decline of the persians left a hole and I settled it rushing some temples and libraries in it claim my 9 squares and the iron. Also the removal of the babs has meant that a quick settle and expand claimed the saltpetre. This within 2 turns of researching Miltary Tradition and now my cavalry are in production for tech/military expansion phase II, Ottamans beware, they have no saltpetre. I hope it makes a difference...

Melifluous
It's divine to own a dick.
From the tiniest little tadger
To the world's biggest prick!
So three cheers for your willy or John Thomas.
Hooray for your one-eyed trousers snake.
Melifluous is offline   Reply With Quote