View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 12:15   #27
Kingreno

A new update forced by some very intensive turns.

We are now at turn 170, the year: 550AD

To my surprise, and undoubtly my happiness, still none of my opponents are in the Industrial age! This is great, with all the scientifics around, Nationalism and hence, riflemen, are not something I look forward too. But as it stands now, we are using Knights rather well!

First, techs: I have done a little trading and now just 6 techs away from IA. With the world at war I have solely bought techs with GPT including some sort of alliance. AI is generaly a treatybreaker so it got me several techs quite cheap. The biggest fish was undoubtly Education, whcih I bought for 110gpt and 3 gold from France, with an MA vs the Iroquois. A single turn later Joan signed peace with them, netting me the tech for 3 gold!
I instantly bought Banking (our goal!!!) from Joan the next turn for 150 gpt and a renewed MA vs the Iro's! Needless to say, that in my position, France and Iro need to be at war ALL the time.
Next, India lacked banking and that gave me Gunpowder, with me throwing in 3 gpt.

We are building Banks, which is good, since I need cash, which also sucks, because I need Knights. For now, I will desperately try to minimize losses.
The Homelands, notice a MAYAN boat in the far south, the fishy Frenchman is Mapping my Island!!!

93.31KB

I would never do that!!! That is my territory Sky...

29.91KB

Great fish here btw, oh is that a mayan town?

The peacefull area has been just that for ages. Naturally Hiawattha tried to break this peaceful time but a brave spear defeated the unwelcome Mounted warrior landed near the capitol! Thank god that was not a knight...
The best news of the day is perhaps that the middle island is MINE!

71.38KB

I have wiped out every last Iro settlement on the middle island and last turn I razed two large cities
The next turn will be very very important as the battle for the last city before the real Iro homeland gave victory but also left the defence a bit open.
I must hold on there ONE more turn and then a fortress and later barricade will provide enough defence.

25.65KB

The musketman in a fortress guards 2 knigts and a spear. Further behind, hopefully are not too may fast units. The elite knight of mine guards 3 3hpknight, a 3hp pike, a 4hp pike, 2 MI, a sword and two horses. Further behind are the artilery with MI/knights/Pikes and some Jags. Next turn, the former stack desperately needs to hold the position.
The plan is to keep the Iro at bay as long as the homelands are doing banks. Once the financial situation is up and running, I will start to produce mili again. There is no way I will considder peace with the Iro yet, I will need to whipe them out completely...all of them.

For a conclusion some standard screenies:
the minimap,

12.51KB

And the F11, I am still last in pop...damnit. On the bright side, out of a GA for ages now, I am still second in MFG!

19.17KB

Again, all comments and questions are welcome!