Old 08-04-2005, 12:11   #18
Kingreno

next turn!

89.15*KB

[]

Erikk abandonned 4 cities!

And...

74.78*KB

He even abandonned a core city, Camuludonum, while Gergovia shows a vet Knight. I guess he had little choice as the capture of Camuludonum would have allowed me access to Alesia, his second city. An email from him confirmed that "with his pants down" is indeed the right expression.

I take my time for this turn as I need to decide. If I regroup I can master a formidable attack on his eastern flank, yet that would also mean getting the troops in Erikks core out. I could sail further with them creating confusion with erikk. Another option would be a chaotic, and risky, all out attack on him. I chose tyhe latter.

I attack Gergovia with all 4 units on the Mountain, 1 knight and 3 Anciant Cavalry. There were two Knights in teh city and I won, odds favored me a 60-40 so it sounds fair:

76.41*KB

Nice sideeffect is that Erikk now has lost his only source of Silks! We may even see some riots next turn.

The other 8 units went straight for Alesia, all in the open.

85.98*KB

While this stack of Knights (4) and AC (4) is extremely vulnerable to Erikks attack he has a small problem at the frontdoor as well...

79.57*KB

9 units ready to engage here (7 Knights, 2 AC). This group too is not defended in any way and could suffer heavy losses, I however see no way that Erikk can attack both groups.

The 3 captured cities were not abandonned so they may flip. there are 3 knights standing by to retake:

62.13*KB

so far so good.

EDIT: confusing Spellingmistake.