Thread: Socrates.com
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2007, 16:22   #101
Socrates
Emperor

Things have changed a lot since last update. I spent 2 weeks going at recruiting sessions in a few compagnies (black suit and all ). I was eventually retained by 2 compagnies, and I have just made my choice. So I'm starting the 6-month internship in 10 days, at La Défense (the skycrappers just west of Paris), in a French IT compagny called Sopra Group, in their telecom division. This is an internship that can lead to a real job, so I have to work and learn hard now.

The other possibility (declined) was in the suburbs, in an IT compagny called Getronics, that some of you may know, as it is a Dutch-based compagny. But it was less attractive (the intership at least).

In one word : this may be an important moment for me. The first step (getting a Master degree) is in good shape, and the second one (finding a job) not so far away. Not sure I'll make the third step now (renting an apartment), as I'm close to La Défense already. These are the 3 base things that I must do before thinking of anything else.