View Single Post
Old 03-01-2006, 02:49   #38
Gogf

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Paalikles

Yeah. Gogf, please do

IMO, things sounded rather even for a long time, so a little summary of what you did right/wrong would be alright too - so as to compare your strategy with Ville's
I didn't read that until now . I don't have any sceenshots on hand (considering that I'm on my Mac and I'd have to go digging through my PC to find the game).

However, I can say what strategies I think worked and what I did wrong.

- Conquer the continent too late. Of course, GA had said that the game was on Emperor, or possibly Monarch. It turned out to be Regent, which nobody noticed for a while.
- TOE prebuild. I forgot about palaces, so I assumed Ville had no prebuild.
- Defense. I assumed that by heavily guarding my coastal cities I could stave off any marine attack and force him to land. I could then bring in other unit by rail and pound him with arty. He brough a ton of marines though [and might have bombarded the city], and so he took a coastal city and then just ran amok along my rail network by attacking undefended cities with cavalry.
- Early defense. He did take my capital early on. That certainly wasn't helpful.
- No clear path to victory. My only strategy was to attack Ville military after building Hoover, or potentially go for space race. After I lost TOE/Hoover, the only chance I had was to out-tech him (which was unlikely because he got two free techs), or to try to go for a culture win.

I'd say that's about it.
Gogf is offline   Reply With Quote