Thread: Civ4 Q&A thread
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 14:14   #25
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Not being able to disband a city is a serious problem imo. I suppose this is done to prevent some 'abusive' strategies but I think disallowing abondement as a while is a measure out of proportion.

Not really Q&A but some things I found out the hard way:
- irrigation spreads through farms but only when the connection to the fresh water source is intact. I could build a new farm next to an old one after disconnecting the original farm next to the river. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, for sure it is different than Civ 3.

- desert can't be irrigated. Damn annoying as well, especially when you cant disband cities. So no option to 'irrigate-jump' a hill or desert by building a temporary city.

- I experienced a lot of crashes in wonder sequences and battle zoom. Disabling the movies in the ini file and the battle zoom in the options worked wonders.

- The tech tree is confusing imo. Pottery needs the wheel, but there's no line between them, they're just positioned on the same height.

- When I read the civpedia about religion I thought that you can see all cities that follow the religions that you own the holy cities of. Apparently that only works for the religion that is your state religion and you own the holy city of as well.

ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote