View Single Post
Old 22-11-2005, 06:15   #22
Sir Eric
Warlord

Well it's been one hell of a long game, 2 years and almost 3 weeks since we started this game we finally came to a conclusion.

The invasion of Diggers island didn't go according to plan. I invaded south from my island onto digger's home island, I took control of that island easier than I thought that I would cause Digger had commited himself to a war on the large island with the Iro. Unknown to him at that time, I had a MPP with the Iro, so once he attacked them I was able to go to war against him and invade his homeland that he had had very few troops stationed there.

Once I had his island to control it was a matter of massing all my troops and landing on the most nearest appropriate square. I tested the waters first by sending out 3 transports of troops which he was easily able to defeat. I then moved all the remaining troops that I had (about 120ish) to a single point of invasion. After about 10 turns I was able to take a heavily defended city.
About this time my work and study commitments started to restrict me from playing regularly so we mutually agreed to call it a day.

It was one hell of an enjoyable epic game, which I don't plan on repeating any time in the near future.