View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 13:53   #23
ProPain
Customized Admin :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melifluous View Post
I've done some reading around, watched some Youtube vids (best quote I found was "This game has a learning curve so steep it should be described as a wall") and finally read this An Empire Under the Sun on the Paradox forums (damn that forum makes me never want to buy their software ever again).

Apparently Paradox doesn't believe in manuals or smoothing over install procedures for their customers. Highly frustrating indeed.

Quote:
OK,

Starting a new game, England, 1399.

Stability slider full right and troops started in overseas states. Merchants sent to core and some stability advisors hired.
Keep in mind that stability rises fairly quickly by itself and good advisors can be scarce. I prefer to pick up really good 'homebred' advisors in other fields during the 1st year, and in okt 1400 quickly rehire when the foreign advisors are on the market.

Quote:
I beat all forts and then wonder if I really need to wait 50 years to gain the province... More scratching of heads.
50 years of ownership is needed to gain a core on a province. Provinces you have a core on have benefits (can give you a casus belli that will let you conquer the province without taking an infamy hit for example.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
What difficulty level? Also, infamy 7 is peanuts, I'm over 40. Tends to screw with merchant compete chances though...
Getting over your infamy limit is really, really bad. You'll end up with everybody and their dog declaring war on you. Also infamy stifles your papal influence which can get you excommunicated. Excommunication is also a sure fire way to receive DoW's from all over the known world.

Keep your infamy as low as possible and look for casi belli that provide good infamy bonuses when you wanna incorporate foreign territory.
ProPain is offline   Reply With Quote