View Single Post
Old 22-10-2013, 18:52   #10
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabbaman View Post
... I picked up FO:NV in a Steam sale, including all DLC. I had already played the vanilla game on the PS3, but the ultimate edition on PC was cheaper than a single DLC on the PS3. So now I have to play through the main story again, which is... boring. ...
Same thing here. I maxed the manifest in Mass Effect 3 and don't have the incentive to play it any more. But FO:NV was 10 bucks with everything on sale. So, I picked it up and really enjoy a few moments. The game is more of the inventory management and find this or that out there while combat is trivial but still enjoyable. But the story is extremely convoluted with a lot of side quests and DLCs, so I have not yet started on the final part of the main quest while already at level 43.

I am still at a point where I can go either way: NCR, Legion, House, or Yes-Man. I think I'll eventually make some save after I finish two remaining DLCs and will go for three endings just to see how it works.

Not sure if I'll eventually want to try hardcore mode, it is just annoying and not that difficult. The normal hard difficulty game gets a lot less tedious after some point. For me it was around level 35 when you don't need to pick up the endless loot and I have enough caps to buy or craft anything I ever need.