View Single Post
Old 27-10-2019, 14:56   #2
Beorn
Disabled Vet

This one will be cartoon-themed, starting with The Adventures of Asterix and the irreducible armorican village. If you don't know Asterix, you should. The old cartoon movies are timeless gems, especially The Twelve Tasks of Asterix and Asterix and Cleopatra.

The civs at hand are pretty swell:

Matrix has picked the Dutch, leaving 3 civs that tempt me: Arabia, Egypt (Hatshepsut) and Carthage. Financial is strong, Spiritual is really useful and protective might be vital for me this time around. I felt like playing Saladin for a while, so here we go.

Rich enough start - though it's hand-crafted so I expect everyone will look similar. Useless starting techs. Move NE, reveal nothing. Settle in place to keep river+fish.

I need to research Agriculture, Fishing and Masonry ASAP to improve, with archers and slavery also high up the priority list. No luxes and instant stone means the Pyramids are on the table again.

And off Asterix goes into a new adventure.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 27-10-2019 at 19:22.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote