View Single Post
Old 30-05-2019, 02:12   #36
Beorn
Disabled Vet

Turn 105: 2 players have reached trade routesand one passed me in GPT. That means a whooping doubling of GPT since T95 Yikes. All other demographics still look favorable.

Everything indicates that I'll soon(ish) run the GLib with representation (double research scientists) in a Heroic Epic capital, sporting surplus food for 10 pop on 4 worked tiles. With Caste System, that's 8 scientists. Nothing's done yet though.

Cap still has some work to do getting there while #2 is cranking out (other) wonders. #3+4 are just making units. #5+6 are on a slow exponential curve for pure pop + cottage growth. The boys are at around 4 cities each and nearly half are upstart villages.

An expansion is being planned towards the top corner of the map in order to score gold, silver and a strong military farm on the active landmass. Come T150, I plan to be ready to defend it and/or be in a position to retaliate against Killer's ele-pult forces.

Now I just realized that Joao is both the leader on the 3rd continent AND the civ with early ocean transport UU. That means I can't just relax my home island defense behind a good Navy. While it's doubtful he'd beeline his UU, and get to caravels before I do, it's equally unlikely that I'll get astronomy before he gets optics. Bottom line, my ass will be vulnerable.

Either way, unless I get roped into something unbecoming, my ideal strat would be to play aloof with the neighbors and just fly off to galleons, frigates, grenadiers and cannons, mount a mass-upgrade surprise party, and meet the 3rd continent Finns where it hurts.
Please do not annoy, torment, pester, plague, molest, worry, badger, harry, harrass, heckle, persecute, irk, bullyrag, vex, disquiet, grate, beset, bother, tease, nettle, tantalize or ruffle the animals.
San Diego Wild Animal Park

Last edited by Beorn; 30-05-2019 at 02:17.
Beorn is offline   Reply With Quote