View Single Post
Old 27-01-2008, 10:17   #37
akots
Nebuchadnezzar II

I looked at your game. Actually, you are doing quite OK for a peaceful win. But you have some really strong AIs in the game which really got ahead in techs. I'm not sure how that happened. Also you could have apparently tried to kill Augustus earlier. Now he seems to be a bit powerful. Again, I'm not sure how that happened. And you apparently set yourself a goal of building every building allowed in the game. I'm not sure what is the point of banks in every city since they bring you 5-7 coins per turn at the cost of 200 hammers. For example, in Satsuma you need a harbor and not bank IMO. If you build military, that could have been more reasonable investment. But Augustus have Statue and war with him could be quite unpleasant. Also, you still seem to have state religion which does not help you tech trades. The only reason for this appears to be Pacifism you run for Tiwanaku but it is quite late in the game and great people are not that important any longer. Also, you do run Mercantilism and probably this loses you a lot of money since you trade income is awful. And also, you have a lot of unchopped forests which is again quite strange and seldom happens.

All this might be due to a lack of clear game plan in the beginning. You are set up for a cultural or UN win or so it seems but this does not seem to happen. Alas, this is not Civ3 and you cannot usually catch up after getting rather far behind. You can catch up but only by military means by hammering upon the opponents.

Otherwise, again, it looks quite nice, you just have a rather bad map with only a handful of health resources.