Thread: Go Sox Go
View Single Post
Old 26-10-2005, 21:55   #30
Whomp
King

[entering drunken idiocy]Baseball is the greatest sport ever conceived. It's a thinking man's game. There's no running out the clock. The game ends when someone scores more. Simple.

It's not like American football, boxing or basketball, which I love very much, where size matters.
This is not golf, an immensely difficult game, where the ball is put on a tee and you're guaranteed to hit it. This is a game where 70% failure is a highly successful hitter.

YOu guys like European football where a lead is everything and where a game can actually end up being tied. A game that is nearly impossible to recover from an early goal or two deficit. The White Sox came back after being down 4-0 against one of the best pitchers in baseball and scored 5 in one inning to take a lead. This wouldn't happen in your game. You'd figure out a way to slow the game down and play defensive. This I find immensely boring but hey what the heck it's good exercise for the youth of America.

Most of you have never played the game so you'd never understand what it feels like rip a baseball 400 feet to straight away center, make a play in the hole and throw a runner out at first, move a runner into scoring position or lay down a squeeze bunt.
This is a game where chemistry matters and having the best players does not guarantee success. You may not understand all this. I think it's the best game ever and as a casual observer you may find it boring and tedious( and you may tell me I'm fucked in the head on your favorite game football). I see it very differently.
[/exiting drunken idiocy]

Let's just say we'll garee to disgaree...my rant for the day....