View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 17:26   #2
Kingreno

Turn 58! Time for an update.

I did well with the Indians! I beat the AI and Killer to writing and got to trade it around. Killer got it a turn later (at a discountprice) and managed a few trades as well. I however got a lot of gold and all lvl1 techs plus Myst and IW. Full speed to philo left the world in awe as India discovered that first too! CoL as a free tech and that led to a second round of major trades as the AI gave me MM, Poly, Math and 200 gold for it. This time I gambled in giving all AI (except rome, I do not know them yet) Philo to prevent killer catching up.
This is the current technological situation of the Lt.:

54.5KB

He lacks these and Poly. He probably has lit but more on that later.

My lands.

65.32KB

I was immediately surprised by two neighbours eager to steal my core-positions! Egypt and Ottomans went for my silks. This explains a very wide cityplacement I had to use. The land to the south will be scouted but other areas have priority since it will be mine anyways. For the first time in many PBEM's I am also building a temple! I simply need those floodplains.
Delhi is a risky (floodplain) 4 turn setler fac. Bombay will be a 2 turn workerfac. The rest will be a Big-elephant fac.

As I am par with the AI and realy only just began to form an empire these stats are ok with me. Not great though...

17.53KB
Am I right that me being second in Literacy means someone has literature?

I plan to setle for a while. Killer and me have a peacetreaty that lasts until one breaks it with a 10-turn-advance-notice.

last the MM:

4.86KB

stay tuned!